What’s a Watch Party Look Like in This Season of Social Distancing?
Jesus said, “When two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them,” Matthew 18:20. Even though we can’t meet together as a whole church body right now, there are still ways you can connect with other believers! One of those ways is to host a watch party!
A watch party is a group of people who live in the same local area and participate in the worship experience together. In this season, your watch party may gather virtually, while others will come together in-person. Whether it’s meeting in a living room, apartment, or community space, or worshipping virtually through Zoom, you can connect with others in your area for church!
4 Steps To Hosting a Watch Party
- Invite a group of friends, family, and co-workers over to watch the Worship Experience. You can stream the event on your TV in your home or on your computer at a park – be creative!
- Organize prepackaged snacks (because EVERYTHING is better with food!)
- Watch the Worship Experience together. We recommend limiting your watch party to 10 people or fewer.
- Fill out a connection card at the end.
- We encourage the use of proper PPE (masks, hand sanitizer, etc.)
- Clean open space
- Clean restroom
- Name tags