Rites of Passage
Welcome to our rites of passage ministry pages, for boys ages 8-12 in R.O.A.R. or young men, ages 13-19 in R.O.O.T.S.
Rites of passage - a process of spiritual development and well-being through the stages of separation, transition, and incorporation.
• The masculine journey has many mile markers to it, many critical moments of transition. One of the most significant is that point in time when a boy leaves behind him the stage of boyhood, and enters into the world of men.
• In order to foster the development of balance, 5 Core Values are utilized. These values are:
• A man of God grounded spiritually
• Consistent prayer and reading the Bible
• Growth measured by ones actions, words, and deeds
• Wisdom comes from the Lord
• Training, development and growth in all aspects of academics, financial stewardship, life skills, and fine arts
• Dealing with life’s uncertainty and unexpected challenges
• Learning to deal with behavior
• Cope with situations of anger, fear, doubt, low self-esteem
• Our bodies are God’s temple (house)
• Desire to maintain a healthy vessel through consistent exercise and eating in a nutritious food
• Growth measured by commitments to exercise programs, participating in sports, eating meals and snacks that are nutritious
• The Trinity [Father, Son and Spirit] is an unselfish social unity. To grow before God, one must also love others in such a way that forms a harmonious unity; reflecting the divine pattern.
Jeremiah 17:8 - He will be like a tree planted by the waters that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
As the seeds of our young men are planted, help us to provide for what is needed to grow and mature them to be strongly rooted in GOD!!!