Calendar of Events – Date/Room Request Standard Operating Procedures
- Prior to requesting a date/room, go to the CPC website and click on the calendar to see if the date and desired room(s) is/are available.
- Once you have a possible desired date/room(s), call Debra Carroll to request the date/room(s) to be reserved.
- If your event is during either 1st or 2nd Church (i.e. a special day and/or require a guest speaker) you must contact the Senior Pastor to obtain permission for the day and for guest speaker approval. Again, check the calendar before you call the Pastor.
- Once that is cleared, you need to complete the Room Request Form. Once the form is COMPLETED, turn the form into Debra Carroll. Only when the form has been turned in is your event considered an official event on the calendar.
- Please make sure you read all instructions on the Room Request Form and make sure you have cared for every item in the instructions.
- A room requests for a basic ministry meeting does not need a room request form. You may call Debra Carroll to request your room. However, it is appreciated if you would make this request at least one week prior to your meeting. Except for emergency meetings, last minute requests are not appreciated.
- Members should request dates/rooms at least 3 weeks prior to general events (i.e. rooms for baptismal dinners or birthday dinners).
- For major events like Special Days, weddings, wedding dinners, baby showers or workshops, which may require the use of the Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, or Youth Chapel, requests should be made at least 3 to 6 months prior to the event, as the calendar fills up quickly.
- Ministry plans for next year (2012) should be turned into Debra Carroll by September 30, 2011 to be presented to the Pastoral Staff for discussion at the Pastoral Planning Session in November 2011. Leaders will be notified on the status of their requested events at the end of the Pastoral Planning Session.